National Service Scheme (NSS)
NSS Motto: “Not Me but You”
- The NSS Wing of Sophia Girls’ College aims to create awareness among the students about the needs and problems of the community and acquire leadership qualities and democratic values essential for the selfless service of the society.
- The College has 2 units of NSS with 225 volunteers each.
- On completion of 240 hours of social work during graduation, the volunteers get a Certificate recognized by the Government of India.
- The 7 day Special Camp is an important aspect of the NSS experience for student volunteers.
- Other NSS activities include Outreach Programs, Three Day Camps, Blood Donation Camps and Awareness Programs in areas adopted by the College. Regular Seminars, Group Discussions, Debates and Tree Plantation Activities are also organized.
- Rallies, Nukkad Nataks and Flash Mobs are organized on the days of national importance throughout the year.
- The NSS Wing of the College meticulously follows the policy of ‘Each One Teach One’ where each NSS volunteer takes the responsibility of teaching one underprivileged child every day. 200 children from the nearby areas and villages come to the College Campus every evening for the same.
- NSS Volunteers also participate in the National Integration Camp each year which fosters their awareness about the rich history and cultural diversity of India and the role of social service in national integration.
- Two NSS Volunteers of the College, Ms. Haniya Khatun and Ms. Kesar Kanwar participated in the Pre-Republic Parade Camp at Sikar.
- Ms. Kesar Kanwar participated in the prestigious March Past of the Republic Day Parade at Rajpath, Delhi.