Dear Aspiring Students and Parents,
It has been aptly said, “Where we love is home—home that our feet may leave but not our hearts”. Hostel life at Sophia is exactly like this. From being young, home sick children in July in their first year to reluctant and teary eyed graduates who don’t want to go back home is a norm of hostel life here.
Sophia hostel is more than a home away from home. It is a cradle of learning togetherness, loving and appreciating people from all across the country; quarreling and making up; eating and playing; helping and growing.
The hostel of Sophia is a securely cocooned place of love and care where every little need is seen to personally and attended to. The homely environment, the security, mixed with the vision to chisel and transform makes the hostel a place where learning continues even after college is over.
Hostelites have more time to play and a better time to learn. They are the ones who in fact avail the best opportunities at Sophia simply because they stay within the safe premises of the college.
Parents have often complimented the management on seeing the positive change in their wards within a short span of six months after their stay in the hostel. Young minds learn discipline, time management, punctuality, service and team work while staying 24×7 on the campus. It is the hostelites who spread their wings most and create the best memories within and outside class for they lend life to the campus of the college.
Looking forward to another year of living and growing together. God bless you!
Dr. Sr. Rani
The Hostel Warden
HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only those students who are admitted to the College will be eligible for admission to the hostel.
- Ragging in the hostel premises is prohibited. Any inmate involved in ragging is liable to be expelled from the hostel/College.
- Admission of a student to the hostel may be cancelled if she is found to be suffering from any
physical/mental ailments which could cause infection/disturbance to other inmates.
- The admission of a student to the hostel can be cancelled if she is guilty of:
- Suppression or misrepresentation of any fact about herself.
- An act of indiscipline in or outside the hostel.
- Violation of any of the hostel rules, including non-payment of dues.
- Not putting in required percentage of attendance in class or not showing good performance.
- Misbehavior, using abusive language, manhandling of hostel employees/inmates.
- Sharing a room with others without the permission of the Warden.
- Possessing/taking drugs, liquor and other intoxicants.
- Rooms will be shared by 3 or 4 Students hence friendly and cordial behaviour is expected of all students.
- No personal electrical gadget like heater, iron, etc can be used in the hostel rooms. No
student is allowed to keep mobile phone with her in the hostel. It is to be deposited with the Warden
and will be given to them on Sundays and daily between 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Rs.1000/- shall be charged as a
fine if the students are found to violate the rules and the gadgets will be confiscated. Disciplinary action
will be taken in case of chronic defaulters
- Hostelers should be modestly & neatly dressed.
- Hostelers will be responsible for the safety of their personal belongings as well as the safety of
articles issued to them. They are advised not to keep any precious articles/cash in their rooms.
- Hostelers are advised not to lend or borrow money, jewellery, etc. The College will not be responsible for
any loss or damage.
- Hostel employees are not permitted to do personal work of the inmates.
- Timing for incoming calls for the students is between 6.30a.m. to 8.30a.m.and 6.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. daily
while 6.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon and 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Outings: Local outings with Warden’s permission are allowed. The permitted time is to be strictly adhered
to. Non compliance of permitted time shall result in cancellation of the subsequent weekly/monthly
outings.The administration can exercise its discretionary rights to cancel the outings of any candidate without
assigning any reason. Outings are allowed every fortnight on Sunday, twice a month for five hours.
- No student will be allowed to go/ to stay at their Local Guardian’s house.
- Visiting hours for Parents on alternate Sunday between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. only.
- No student will be allowed to go out to take private tuitions.
- Entry of males, friends and day scholars in the Hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Cooking food in the rooms is not allowed.
- Meals will be served in the Dining Hall during the stipulated timings only.
- Cooked food brought from outside the hostel is not permitted in the premises.
- It is mandatory for every hosteler to be present for the roll call made every day by the warden at 9.00 p.m.
- Silence to be observed after 9:00 p.m. & again from rising till breakfast time.
- The warden and other authorities have the discretion to inspect any room, at any time.
- A case of illness must be immediately reported to the resident nurse.
- No vehicle of any type is allowed to be kept by the inmates.
- Students must obtain a “No Dues Certificate” before vacating the hostel at the end of the session. They
will have to vacate their rooms within 48 hours of the examinations.
- Any extension in leave should be informed, before the completion of the granted leave by parents to the
warden through email.
- The institution does not encourage extended leaves,which affect the academic performance of the student.
Care must be taken by the parents of the wards for the same.
- In case of outstation leave, hostelers are required to report back on the scheduled date, failing which
they will be fined and a warning letter will be issued to them with a copy to their parents.
- All hostelers will have to be an NSS volunteer & join at least one game during her stay in the hostel.
- Any subsequent change in the particulars given by the candidate in the hostel application form should
be immediately reported to the office.
- FEES ONCE SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
**Note:** All hostelers will be subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Hostel. The College authorities
reserve to themselves the right of dismissing at any time, a hosteler who misbehaves and who, in their opinion, is
not amenable to correction.
For further details contact : email@example.com