Corona has transformed our perception of the world around us and made us redesign our lifestyle. Concepts of Social Distancing, Lockdown and Quarantine have become dinner table conversations. Adapting to these changes temporarily can save lives and for the first time in history we can contribute to our country’s well being by staying at home. We understand that staying home isn’t easy for all as it requires a herculean amount of inner strength especially when there is ambiguity about our future. It is important for us to move forward and understand that worrying about the future just ruins our present and at the same time give some structure to our daily life while practicing the government advised norms of Social Distancing and Quarantine at all times.
Here are few tips to help you spend your time during Quarantine:-
- Restrict the amount of news you consume during the day to one or two times.
- Pick up an old hobby like reading, sketching, painting, stitching, writing etc.
- Include at least 20 to 30 minutes of some form of physical exercise to your day. It could be dancing, on the spot walking/jogging or some basic yoga asanas.
- Try to learn a new language through applications available on your smart phones.
- There are plenty of free online courses as well as open libraries, pick up any course that you are curious about.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Start a journal or blog. If you are a talented cook or makeup artist, you can set up your own tutorial videos.
- Do contribute to your community as well. Feed the needy and the stray animals in your vicinity.
- Practise pranayam and meditation. Yoga isn’t just about asanas, it is very helpful in managing stress and anxiety.
- Try to manage your sleeping hours. Our sleep-wake cycle affects our mood as well so try to sleep on time at night.
- Eat nutritious food. It seems extremely tempting to indulge in binge eating or eating junk everyday but a balanced home cooked meal is extremely important for your immunity.
- Most essentially communicate with your family. There are varieties of board games that are catching dust in our houses since the smart phones took over, bring them out and enjoy with your family.
- If you have to step out of house in case of some work, do wear a mask and then step out. Maintain a good hygiene at home as well.
- Most importantly please understand we are in the midst of a pandemic, it’s not a productivity contest. Take each day at a time and be gentle with yourself.
We are always more brave than we know. Let’s be kind to one another.
Stay happy and stay safe.